A thought exercise – to come up with various ways of making wireless Midi systems based on projects I’ve already done.
- any combination of iOS and MacOS devices
- use touchOSC with above setup
- Arduino + ethernet shield to wifi router to touchOSC
- Same as above but using wifi bridge to connect to router*
- Arduino + wifi shield via UDP*
- Arduino + wireless SD + xbee to same – one end connected to mac OS device
- IR emitter/detector pair*
- Arduino + wireless SD + WiFly rn-xv via UDP*
- bluetooth* (here’s an app called bluemidi http://www.iosmusician.com/category/bluetooth-midi-on-ios
- modulated laser pointer and solar panel*
- convert to audio then use any audio transmission method and convert back to midi*
- Use RTTY with ham radio*
- cell phone*
* indicates method not tried yet.