In this patch, Max uses the Soundcloud API to find available tracks for a user and then stream or download one of the tracks.
- Resolve the user-id for a given Soundcloud user name – in this case “dannyzic”
- Process the JSON response to get a track list
- Request the first track as either a download or streaming file
- Play the track in Max using [jit.qt.movie]
The Soundcloud API reference provides examples using curl.
main Max patch
abstractions and other files
- The Soundcloud client-id is embedded in the Max patch. To get a client ID you will first need a Soundcloud account. Then register an app at: http://soundcloud.com/you/apps
- Open the Max patch: soundcloud2
- Unlock the patch and enter your client-id in the yellow [message] object in the upper right corner. Lock and save the patch.
- Click the green button to resolve the Username: ‘dannyzic’
- Click the blue button retrieve ‘tracks’ for this user
- Click the yellow button to begin streaming the first available track
- Optional: click the red button to download the track.