Using video to generate audio.
jit.peek~ outputs an audio signal from video matrix data.
At any point in the the process, matrix data can be tapped to produce an audio signal. Analyzing video is very much like analyzing audio. For example, using envelope following and spectral analysis. Here are examples.
1. jit.peek~-additivesynth.maxpat (in Max/MSP examples/jitter-examples/audio)
Draw a song
By Adam Florin and Joshua Kit Clayton
2. Frame subtraction
By Adam Rokshar
3. Sound Emotion2 – using Macbook built-in camera
By Andreas Wittich
4. jit.peek~-osctrack.maxpat (in Max/MSP examples/jitter-examples/audio)
Derives rhythmic audio data from video. (Using bball.mov)
5. Whispering Heights (in Max/MSP examples/jitter-examples/3rd-party/image-to-spectral-filter/whispering_heights.maxpat)
Similar to above but uses video to create a moving spectral filter.
6. Wolframatic.maxpat (in Max/MSP examples/jitter-examples/other/Wolframatic/)
Fractal generator also generates audio.
By R. Luke Dubois