By DSP Guru
Installation guide: http://sourceforge.net/p/soxr/code/ci/master/tree/INSTALL
How configure CMAKE for 32 bit architecture on Mac OS: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5334095/cmake-multiarchitecture-compilation
Note: this command allowed building static libs for 32 bit:
<span style="color: #000000;">$ cmake -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=i386 -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF ..</span>
local files in: tkzic/soxr-0.1.1-Source/
Software defined radio.
Ook-decoder reads On-Off Keying radio data commonly used in the 433MHz ISM bands using a software defined radio (SDR).
By Jim Studt
Upgrade to Mac OS Max version.
Windows, runtime, standalone, and documentation upgrades still in progress…
This is an interim update to add new drivers.
- driver for rtl-sdr
- minor bug fixes
- Connect a radio
- Open maxsdr7a.maxpat
note: 1/23/2015 – the repository was really messed up – missing externals, etc., have reloaded. The local source is now at tkzic/maxradio
Information page for radio and Pure Data
By Fred Jan Kraan
“I think its just the biggest conceptual art project uninentional or otherwise that anyone ever made. it puts Christo and those other guys to shame. Its planetary”
Roman Mars “Episode 97 – Numbers Stations” from 99% Invisible
- Measuring the invisible
- What is the difference between sound waves and radio waves?
- What is an antenna?
- Wave propagation is frequency dependent
- Sunspots and magnetic fields http://spaceweather.com
- Extreme frequencies, negative frequencies?
- A simple arduino AM transmitter http://reactivemusic.net/?p=4450 (antenna pin D8)
- Transmitting music using light http://reactivemusic.net/?p=8487
- Analog signals. Digital signals.
- Crystal sets. Inadvertent radio. Patch Cords.
- Software defined radio (cellphones, wiFi, bluetooth, etc., )
- Software defined radio in Max http://zerokidz.com/radio (The user guide http://zerokidz.com/radio/docs/maxsdr5.pdf and tutorials provide a basic introduction to working with radio signals in the audio domain.
- rtl-sdr – inexpensive software defined radio
- information http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr
- Where to buy one: http://www.nooelec.com/store/sdr/sdr-receivers/tv28tv2-sdr-dvb-t-usb-stick-set.html#.U2BX1K1dVKk
- installation http://reactivemusic.net/?p=8360
- sub-reddit http://sl.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/
- Max and Pd externals https://github.com/tkzic/pd-rtlsdr
- Raspberry Pi FM transmitter http://reactivemusic.net/?p=10186
- Transmitting signals in water http://reactivemusic.net/?p=853
- The noise floor: Noise Floor: Exploring the world of unintentional radio emissions by Melissa Elliott: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N1C3WB8c0o
Internet radio streams and recordings
- Roman Mars: Numbers Stations: http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/numbers-stations/
- You are listening to: http://youarelistening.to/boston
- broadcastify: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15433/web
- the listening post: http://www.chilton.com/scripts/radio/R8-receiver
- Very Low Frequency: http://www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu/mcgreevy/
- Macbook trackpad: Noise 5 mHz. (try holding radio near screen too)
- Macbook AC adapter: Noise 600-1400 kHz. (~1000)
- AC adapters, LED’s, Utility poles: 3.2 Khz
- Arduino transmitter: AM 1330 kHz.
- Laser light at 650nM
- What wavelength goes with a color? http://science-edu.larc.nasa.gov/EDDOCS/Wavelengths_for_Colors.html
- Frequency of red light is 4.6 * 10e14 = 300,000,000 / .000000650 (460 THz)
- Wireless micorophone (Orange-brown): Wide FM 614.150 MHz. (R band)
- Cordless phone: Narrow FM 926 mHz.
- Cell phone: Digitally encrypted trunking FM 836 mHz.
- Wifi: Digitally encoded PCM 2.4 gHz.
- FM broadcast band: Wide FM 89.7 mHz (Raspberry Pi example 98.1 Mhz)
- TV audio 600 mhz/660 mhz FMW
- The sun http://www.ips.gov.au/Solar/3/4
Topics not covered
(due to snow and stuff)
- hardware control
- What are the chances?
- What to do next?
- improvisation. Randomness.
- r: http://www.r-project.org/
- Infinity row by Karlheinz Essl http://reactivemusic.net/?p=9222
- Music recognition. Deep learning.
- Enhanced automobile audio https://github.com/tkzic/automax
Please send me a copies of your earlier compositions. Have a prototype ready to demonstrate or talk about for the next class.
Reverse engineering FSK radio transmissions from tire pressure sensors
By Jared Boone