Solves focus problem.
By Johannes Hoffman
I used this method as an alternative frequency controller for the remote radio project. It uses Applescript and Midi-pipe http://www.subtlesoft.square7.net/MidiPipe.html
The left and right encoder values are assigned to MIDI control messages.
Midi and Osc Server for web apps in node.js
By Charlie Roberts
Local clone: /tkzic/interface.js
Generating Midi notes
MidiStroke is a utility app that converts typewriter key strokes into Midi messages.
By Charlie Roberts
Configuration file (On a Macbook):
Helpful article at djtechtools.coml:
You can’t create multiple preset files within midiStroke – but you can work within the file system as they explain in the article above.
Video effects / visualization software integrated with Max and Ableton Live.
By Livid Instruments
Have set up a Github repository for the ipadOscMidi simulator app: https://github.com/tkzic/ipadoscmidi
There is also a companion Max patch for testing
Here is the README file for the project:
March 4, 2013
This program is a simulator to test Midi and Osc communication in iOS. There is a companion Max/MSP patch in the archive (oscmiditest3.maxpat). The Max patch lets you control the user interface on the iPad. And it well display incoming messages from the iPad.
I have only tested the default iOS midi networking devices via Mac OS, and an iRig Midi interface.
This is the only documentation right now - but there are big plans, yeah, for a programming guide, and a free app store app, along the lines of audioGraph.
I wanted to get this initial version out before the spacecraft lands in the backyard.
The Midi code was derived from PGMidi by Pete Goodliffe
The Osc code was derived from OscPack by Ross Bencina
Local Project files are in: tkzic/oscapps/ipadmiditest4
I made the update described here for iOS 6 compatibility:
A thought exercise – to come up with various ways of making wireless Midi systems based on projects I’ve already done.
- any combination of iOS and MacOS devices
- use touchOSC with above setup
- Arduino + ethernet shield to wifi router to touchOSC
- Same as above but using wifi bridge to connect to router*
- Arduino + wifi shield via UDP*
- Arduino + wireless SD + xbee to same – one end connected to mac OS device
- IR emitter/detector pair*
- Arduino + wireless SD + WiFly rn-xv via UDP*
- bluetooth* (here’s an app called bluemidi http://www.iosmusician.com/category/bluetooth-midi-on-ios
- modulated laser pointer and solar panel*
- convert to audio then use any audio transmission method and convert back to midi*
- Use RTTY with ham radio*
- cell phone*
* indicates method not tried yet.