The first in a series describing a system for internet remote control of a shortwave radio station. Its not something new. There are commercial products that provide remote operation of amateur radio transceivers. The purpose of this project is to make it possible to use shortwave radio sounds in musical performance, without the need of an antenna system.
- Max/MSP for USB serial control of radio, OSC remote interface, user interface, Midi device handling, and an SQLITE database of preset frequencies.
- Low latency, good quality audio using Soundjack by Alex Carot.
- Hardware control of radio using Midi controllers (CDJ-101 and Launchpad)
- Bi-directional OSC and VOIP using Logmein Hamachi VPN
- Additional hardware control of AC power and antenna selection using Arduino and a WeMo switch.
- TouchOSC Ipad audio mixer control using MOTU Cuemix
- TeamViewer remote desktop software for logging into to base station compuer
- Optional radio user interface control with Ipod TouchOSC, Griffin Powermate dial, and Korg Nano-kontrol.
- Optional VOIP backup using Mumble.